The roman blinds are quite a very popular choice for people when it comes to window treatments. But the good thing about them is that they are as easy to install as installing roller blinds. Perhaps the thing that is the most attractive to people is that there are very many different styles to choose from. They also look great when mixed with other types of blinds.
Furthermore, depending on the type of blind you can buy them, they are quite cheap though that does depend somewhat on the type of material that they are made from.
Some equipment essential for measuring roman blinds and quick measuring tips:
- Make sure you use a metal tape measure for the best accuracy;
- Step Ladder, Metal Tape measure/Spirit level may also be useful;
- Pencil and Pad To Note Down The Exact Measurements;
- Use something safe to stand on like a step ladder instead of struggling to stretch at places you can’t reach;
- Measure in several places to allow for any window irregularities and take the smallest measurement;
- You can also consider window handles and wall tiles that may obstruct the movement of the roman blind.
Now for inside recess measurements follow the instructions given below:
1. Firstly, measure X to Y for the width of your roman blind;
2. Secondly, measure C to D for the drop of your roman blind. Do this measurement in 3 different places and enter the smallest one of those measurements for your required roman blind in Leeds service provider such as Marsh and Co;
3. Make a little deduction on your measurements to the width so your roman blind can move up and down the wall smoothly without touching.
For outside the recess measurements follow the instructions given below:
1. Firstly, for measuring the outside recess, make an estimation on how much roman blind you want to overlap the recess by, its recommend that a minimum of 5cm for each side of the window and the top and bottom of the window.
2. Secondly, get your required width in from a roman blinds in Leeds service provider like Marsh and Co includes measuring like the diagram from A to B for outside the recess.
3. Finally, to measure for your drop measure like the diagram from points X to Y for outside the recess roman blinds.
Keep in mind that the headrail for your roman blind may have more width to it than the finished fabric width!